Hello beaut! Grab your coffee and get comfortable because, like most [long-winded] stories I like to tell, let’s start from the beginning. My name is Gopi, and I was born and raised in good ole Houston, Texas in the late 1900s ;). So, yep – I’m your typical Southern gal! Yes, I say “y’all” instead of “you all”, cause it just makes all the sense in the world to do so. And no, unfortunately I don’t have a pet horse…although, trust me – that would be SO cool.
Currently, I’m your average working professional. I graduated from the University of Texas with my undergraduate degree in Economics in 2012 (Hook ‘Em, y’all! \m/), and with my MBA from the University of Houston in 2015 (go Cougs!). As you’ve probably already gathered, I’ve never lived outside this great state of Texas (I mean, is there actually any place better? Justtttt kidding. Kinda.) Buuuut rest assured, I’m *slowly* mustering up the courage to rip off the band-aid and just make the big move! It’ll happen one of these days, I promise.
I decided to finally start this fun journey of documenting my favorite fashion trends, recipes, workout plans, and travel faves mainly as a creative outlet. I love all of these things in my personal life, so I thought it’d be fun to share them with the world through my own eyes. Everything on this blog is purely my opinion, and is never meant to be taken offensively or as a professional opinion. Take what you like, and leave what you don’t. 🙂
With that said, I love and appreciate all comments and suggestions! Stay awhile, look around, and feel free to let me know what your thoughts are. Random howdy’s and hello’s are always welcome as well. 🙂
TL:DR? Get to know me: speed round version! Here’s 26 facts that you probably don’t know about me:
- My favorite cuisine is Thai. But I also crave Mexican food more than I probably should for my fitness goals.
- I love finding DIY hacks to do things on my own – i.e. my “ombre’ed” hair…ahem. Oops.
- You’re more likely to find me overdressed as opposed to under-dressed, at any event.
- I have this irrational fear of needles – no joke, I faint every time I get a shot.
- However, while we’re on the topic of needles – I got my very first tat a few months ago, and now I have an itch for another (sorry, momma).
- My drink of choice is whiskey + sprite, or whiskey + soda + lemon (on days I’m feeling healthy) – and most people are really surprised with this choice.
- My favorite type of wine is a Sangiovese, and I usually prefer a red wine over a white wine.
- I love taking photos, especially candid shots of people laughing.
- Coffee, and coffee-flavored anything, will make me very happy. So will chocolate.
- Dancing is such a huge stress reliever for me. (Except when it’s 2:00AM the night before a family or friend’s reception, and we’re still choreographing the first 30 seconds of the highly anticipated 5:00 minute dance…)
- Naps are everything.
- I used to be obsessed with the idea of having a pet monkey. I mean, if Ross could have one, why couldn’t I? (Where my fellow Friends lovers at?)
- Since ^that will likely not happen, I have a slight puppy fever these days…preferably a Yorkie Poodle, or a Maltese Poodle. omgsocute.
- I’m a proud lefty! A lot of people tell me that’s where I get my creative side from, but I’m not entirely sure that theory is true.
- I used to play soccer when I was younger, and still enjoy watching it.
- I’ve only been to one football game, ever. (I’m aware that this makes me a pretty awful Longhorn.)
- I’m not the biggest fan of heights…but skydiving is most def on my bucket list.
- I loveeee music – and in varying genres, from country music to R&B to hip hop. I enjoy discovering new music, so leave me a comment with your current fave tune! 🙂
- My two makeup products I could probably not live without are mascara + a good nude or red lippie. A brow pencil is a close tie too though.
- I have one older sister, a very caring brother-in-law, the most precious niece, and the perfect parental unit. Basically, family/everything.
- I’m a little OCD about organization. Only a little. (Confession: I love organizing in spreadsheets…)
- My sweet tooth is unreal sometimes.
- I’m a Scorpio, and it scares me how spot on some of those horoscopes are about us.
- I love making lists. (Oops. Refer back to #21.)
- One of my favorite accessories are sunnies – I rarely ever leave the house without a pair already on.
- I get really excited about new fun projects (like S&S!) and I can’t wait to get started on it as soon as possible. I’m SUPER excited about this, so just know that it’s gonna be good! 🙂
Now I’d love to get to know more about you! Leave a comment below with a fun fact about yourself. 🙂
Photos by: Vinita Patel