Howdy beauts! Today I want to talk about my top 6 (top 5 is overrated 🙂 ) lippies for everyday wear. Working in the corporate world, it’s a little tough to expand your color palette outside of nudes + pinks appropriate for the office. For these everyday lippies, personally it’s important for me to not only find a long-lasting formula that can withstand at least one cup of coffee in the a.m., but also not be super high-end. If I’m going to be using this product on the daily, I’d prefer not to spend $30+ on it, just to replenish it every month or two. SO, with that said – let’s jump into it!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Prague’ – I have quite a few of these NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream lippies, and I kinda sorta love them. (Well, I’m obsessed with almost everything NYX makes…). The formula on most of the shades is very creamy and not drying, for the most part, and I love that these are matte. The pigmentation is amazing (that was one swipe on the swatch!) and long-lasting, almost to the point where it’s a little tough to take off at the end of the day. Even though this shade falls on the darker pink end of the spectrum, I think it works great for the workplace when you’re feeling bright and bubbly 😉
- e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in ‘Flirty & Fabulous’ – I just received this lipstick and the one below a few weeks ago in a haul of e.l.f. products I ordered, and surprisingly they both made the cut in such a short amount of time. I will say that the formula is definitely not as long-lasting as some of these other brands. However, they’re great on days that your lips are feeling slightly dry and chapped from all the matte shades I know you’ve been coating on, girl. These e.l.f. moisturizing lipsticks are just that – moisturizing. Their pigmentation is pretty good for such an inexpensive product ($3.00?!? I’ll take them all, please!). This shade in particular is a little on the bright pink side of things, but it’s not overbearing. Overall, I recommend these to keep in your purse as a backup, if anything. Also, I heard they just opened an e.l.f. store in NYC – oh hayyyyyy, I will definitely be planning a trip there soon just for this store.
- e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in ‘Pink Minx’ – I personally think the formula and pigmentation on this shade is slightly better than Flirty & Fabulous, but they’re both equally moisturizing. I think I’m going to try out some of their darker shades in this product and see if those work the same. Stay tuned!
- Palladio High Intensity Lip Balm in ‘Pizzaaz Pink’ – Palladio is a brand that I had personally never heard about before I decided to go out on a limb one time in Ulta (which is where I do most of my beauty shopping), and I’m SO glad I did. This brand does not get the recognition it deserves, particularly in the lip products department (I haven’t tried many of their other products). But for the price point they’re at ($7.00?? Sign. Me. UP.), and their super long-lasting formula and pigmentation, you’ll be sure to love this product about as much as I do!
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in ‘Lumière’ – ColourPop has done a fantastic job with all of their products TBH, but I particularly loveeee their Lippie Stix formula. They are super long-lasting, super pigmented, and just super great. To be completely honest, I always have this one and the one below in my work purse ready to go, because if I ever forget to grab a lippie or apply one when I’m doing my makeup in a rush at home in the a.m. (which is basically everyday, let’s be real), I’ll have one of these two to choose from! This shade is a little pinkier, but a nice soft girly pink. I love it and I think it’d suit any skin tone really well.
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in ‘Brink’ – This shade is slightly on the nudier side, but it goes well with everything. It’s perfect to throw on before a meeting or work event, and you’ll look super polished and put together (fake it ’til you make it, right? Kidding. 😉 )
I have yet to find an affordable/drugstore lippie that can last me throughout the entire day (does one exist? Please share below if you’ve found one!), but I think these 6 do a decent job and I usually only have to reapply once after lunch, which I don’t really mind. I highly recommend all of these (and the brands in general) if y’all are looking for a good everyday lippie! If you have some recommendations of your own, or have thoughts on any of my recommendations, please comment below – I would love to know!
Off to go organize my endless amount of lippies somehow…(lip stained) xoxo. 💋